Outbound Logistics Coordinator Vacancy at eRecruiter – APPLY NOW!
Our client, a FMCG has been in existence for more than 40 years in Africa, their major product has become the leading brand, strongly integrated into the local culinary heritage. Every year, 4 billion products from our client are consumed throughout the African continent. Our client is actively present in Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, CIS Republics, 30 countries in Africa and the Middle East.
Outbound Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Warehouse & Outbound Logistics Coordinator
Division: Supply Chain
Department: Outbound Logistics
We are looking for a competent Outbound Logistics Coordinator to oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of our company. You will be the one to coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods.
A great asset for a Outbound Logistics Coordinator is their communication and negotiation skills. They are also well-versed in supply management principles and practices. The ideal candidate will have great record-keeping abilities and a customer-oriented approach.
The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The core function and scope of the Outbound Logistics Coordinator is to;
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing & frequency.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation & outbound logistics
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Source new transporters & negotiate primary transportation rates or services.
- Coordination with factories for timely evacuation of approved materials
- Manage & allocate company vehicles movement & Manage the maintenance of GB fleets and optimal uses of company vehicles.
- Coordinate local & upcountry deliveries till it gets delivered
- Manage GIT & vehicle claims till with 3rd party vendors/insurance
- Collaborate with Customer Service & Warehouse for timely dispatch of materials.
- Adherence / Implementation of the S&OP.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints related to outbound
- Attend and lead regular service performance review meetings with Transporters & internal vehicle utilization.
- Develop, Implement, track key performance metrics and provide improvement plans where required.
- Monitor the cost of delivery per carton for each customer & advise the devotion for future improvements
- Ensure prompt payment to vendors.
- Review reports and recommend productivity and efficiency improvements.
- Manage local deliveries and pickups are done in the most efficient manner possible, keeping costs to a minimum and shorter turnaround time.
- Create and maintain process documentation for all reporting responsibilities.
- Develop a long-term strategic plan to turn the logistics department into a profit center.
- Comply with laws, regulations and HSE requirements
- Ability to foster team oriented goals
- Timely submission of MIS reports
Demonstrated Experience with;
- Must have Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
- Must have at least 5 years of proven working experience as a outbound logistics coordinator
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- SAP or similar ERP experience is must
- Proficient in MS Office package with advance excel & ppt presentation skill
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Must have strong communication skills to manage the internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Good personal presentation
- A good team player
- WORK ENVIRONMENT FACTORS:
- Working in an office environment
- Able to travel for work
- Health and Safety accountability statements.
- Candidates must be physically able to work in a remote location when required
Method of Application
Applications should be sent to email@example.com