Check out the latest internship opportunity at Andela. Andela is currently recruiting People Operation Intern at there Lagos office. Applicants are advised to read the job description and other information before applying
People Operations Intern
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About The Role
- Andela is seeking a People Intern to work with the People Team to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential.
- To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring knowledge and experience in providing People generalist support for Andela’s operation in Lagos across all functional areas, including, employee administration, HRIS, and training, etc.
Service Delivery & Information:
- Coordinate all People Team requests made through Service desk through responsiveness, follow-up, and escalation.
- Manage the collection of all employee documentation and ensure that they are up to date and adequately filed for audit reviews.
- Support with the day-to-day operations of People-related functions to ensure that concerns are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner. The objective is to deliver transactions in alignment with agreed HR service standards specifications.
- Update People team meeting slides for Townhall and Lagos staff meetings.
- Provide updates regarding the Eko and Global comms newsletters.
- Scaling Culture (continuous growth of a culture reflecting our values and heart of the local populace) by planning and executing engagement/culture events.
- Plan and communicate the yearly culture calendar to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the HMOs on timely issuance of medical cards to new hires.
- Coordinate and ensure that all pre-onboarding tasks are effectively executed with little or no blockers to employee induction.
- Ensure that all new employee documentation is duly retrieved, tracked and shared with the background check team for checks to commence at least two (2) weeks before their hire date.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure that employee welcome packs, ID cards and documentation are ready before onsite onboarding commences.
General Team Support:
- Performance Management Admin tasks execution. E.g. drawing up confirmation letter, promotion letters, SD Performance bonus, termination letters, Update confirmation tracker, etc.
- Schedule meetings for team events. E.g. performance-related initiatives.
- Act as the main point of contact for all People Team drive and intranet updates. E.g. ensure that all Lagos policies are duly uploaded on the intranet.
- Track and update all job descriptions on the JD tracker in collaboration with the Recruiting Operations Associate on a weekly basis.
- Effectively track and update the People team budget expenses in collaboration with the Financial Planning and Analysis team.
- Collaborate regarding report generation as guided by the People Coordinator (Ops).
- Execute additional tasks as directed by the People Coordinator (Ops).
Qualifications & Characteristics for applying for an Internship at Andela
Has a degree from an accredited College or University. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Has exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Has good critical thinking, analytical mindset and problem solving skills.
- Is personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Has strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of HR documents and other personal information.
- Has a genuine interest in Human Resources Management and Project Management.
- Shows commitment to the aims and values of Andela.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply People rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
Benefits & Compensation
- A monthly stipend.
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment.
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet.
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
METHOD OF APPLICATON
Interested and qualified candidates are to apply through Andela internship career portal
Please Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.