Kenya Airways Recruiting Security Officer – Western Region – APPLY NOW!
Security Officer – Western Region
Job: Legal, Compliance & Regulation.Supervisory & Technical
Shift: Regular/Non-Shift Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Team Leader
Role Purpose Statement
- Fully implement and enforce security systems and procedures to ensure safe and secure environment for business operations at Kisumu, Eldoret Airport and off airport locations.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Proactively manage and control security operations at Kisumu to ensure security of arrival and departure of KQ and Customer flight.
- Implement security deployment plan at Kisumu to ensure secure coverage of all critical area based on the emerging trends.
- Provide necessary tools and create conducive environment to ensure safe and secure handling and transportation/carriage of security items on KQ and customer flights.
- Analyze theft, pilferage and loss of baggage trends and develop security counter-measures to ensure security of company, customer and staff property.
- Collect and disseminate intelligence information to ensure prevention and detection of crimes.
- Coordinate with contracted security service providers at the airport and off airport sites for effective coverage to ensure protection of property not directly under KQ security’s watch.
- Review and operate efficient shift system with adequate staff rest to ensure a motivated and alert team.
- Consistently discuss with security operational staff, review their performance to create conducive working environment.
- Provide on job training to KQ security staff and contracted security to ensure that they meet the KQ standards.
- Ensure that all staff attend mandatory training when due as per the security training matrix.
- Liaise with other security agencies at Kisumu to ensure quick resolutions to any issues affecting KQ operations.
- Liaise with other KQ business areas/departments undertaking security functions to ensure secure operations.
- Guide, advice and direct the operational staff in the course of their operations to ensure that they are complying with regulatory requirements.
- Proactively conduct self-tests, inspections and surveys to ensure that security operations comply with Company security programme.
- In consultation with Manager develop standard operating procedures for security staff in Kisumu and ensure its full implementation.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- University degree or relevant professional qualification
- 5 years of relevant experience, 3 of which must be as a Security Team Leader
- Organizational, planning and analytical skills
- IT proficiency
- Knowledge of Criminal Procedure, Penal Code, and Evidence Act
- Knowledge of Aviation Security issues and Airport Security Services
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal Skills.