Graduate Cashier at RainOil Limited
Job Title: Graduate Cashier
Company: RainOil Limited
Category: Oil and Gas jobs
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Kano, Ilorin, Eket and Gombe
Rainoil Limited is an integrated downstream oil and gas company. A prominent player in the Nigerian industry, the company’s operations span across the downstream value chain i.e. Petroleum Product Storage, Haulage/Distribution and Retail Sales. Our primary products include Petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and Kerosene (DPK).
- To manage the petty cash inflow and outflow of Rainoil’s stations and depots as well as maintaining accurate records/books on transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates the availability of funds to meet day-to-day operational petty cash expenses and emergencies.
- Maintains records to allow easy disbursement, reconciliation and replenishment
- Processes expense retirement ledgers to ensure proper accountability of all cash advances
- Creates and maintains records of cash requests and disbursements
- Reconciles all received cash, which have been recorded in the petty cash book, with expenses
- Processes payment for accounts and issuing receipts
- Keeps records of amounts received and paid, and regularly checking the cash balance against this record
- Collects money from bank for safe keeping before reimbursements
- Files all documents concerning cash payment and collection
- Responds to queries regarding approvals, payment limits and deadlines for retirements etc.
- Retires the various imprest accounts
- Prepares daily and weekly collections and payment summary reports for review by the station supervisor.
- Pump attendants
- Station Supervisors
- Station Mangers
- Internal Auditors
- Financial Institutions
- Customers or agents or consignees
- External Auditors.
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in a similar role
- Minimum of an OND in Accounting or any finance related discipline
Skills and Competencies
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Cash management
- Knowledge of Accounting application
- Administrative skills
- Knowledge of Accounting policies and processes
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication (written & verbal)
Performance Area and Performance Measures/Indicators
- Number and frequency of complaints received
- Number of delayed payments
- Amount of cash variations
- Completeness, accuracy of all registers and reports
Petty Cash Management:
- Availability of petty cash
- Timeliness of attending to requisitions
- Frequency of errors in data entry
- Respect: Giving due regard to colleagues, customers, suppliers and other external stakeholders in all situations.
- Integrity: Transparency, sincerity and reliability in dealings with all customers.
- Teamwork: Shared understanding of objectives and direction and readiness to support others.
- Excellence: Consistent strong bias towards operational excellence, eliminating waste and removing obstacles to performance.
- Safety: Ensuring adherence to regulations and procedures intended to prevent accident, injury and environmental degradation.
- Business Hours: Normal Working Hours
- Work Tools: Computer, Printer, telephone
- Physical Exertion: Sitting, talking, handling
- Travel Requirements: No
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: email@example.com using the job title and location as the subject of the mail.
Do well by applying, share and leave a comment .