Android Developer at Opera Software Nigeria
Job Title: Android Developer
Company: Opera Software Nigeria
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking for an Android Developer responsible for the development and maintenance of our payment app. Your primary focus will be the development of the payment app, using Kotlin, and the integration with our golang servers using GraphQL.
The Opera Payments Platform (OPay) enables users to pay for services through their mobile or web browser. It provides fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. Our key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America, where Opera has a traditionally strong presence and user base.
As part of the Android team, you will work on delivering the OPay Android App. As a Android developer, you will collaborate with other members of our product, design, and engineering teams to translate user stories and mockups into a living, breathing product.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently, autonomously, and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- An understanding of modern Android development and passion for quality
- Strong Kotlin skills, including:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- A good sense of usability, attention to detail, and polish
- Fluency in English, both written and spoke
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of the Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Method of Appliccation
Click Here to apply online
Share and drop your comment on the comment box, also like our social media pages for more info.